Engineering and Medical courses are the most preferred niches of education in India after class 12th. These two programs have garnered a cult-like following in the country, with thousands of students obsessively aiming to clear their NEET or JEE entrances. But, unfortunately, cutthroat competition, limited seats, and the scant presence of good quality MBBS and engineering colleges in India have made pursuing these two streams very risqué. Young students are now eyeing alternative career options, and one such booming educational field in India is B.Sc. in Animation.
B.Sc. in Animation and VFX is a three-year full-time undergraduate program that entails the disciplines of Multimedia and Animation. The minimum eligibility requirements to pursue a B.Sc. Multimedia or Animation are –
- Successful completion of 10 + 2 level of education by the candidate from a recognized education board
- The minimum score at the 10 + 2 level is usually 60 percent for general category students and 55 percent for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- A student awaiting their class 12th result is also eligible to apply for a B.Sc. in Animation course
- Some institutions may conduct in-house entrance exams.
Top 4 Advantages of Opting for B.Sc. in Animation
- A degree in Animation encapsulates highly interactive modes of disseminating knowledge. Teachers make full use of modern tools such as Information and Technology learning, virtual communication, animated media, and so forth. Such an engaging mode of education makes sure that the students learn and their imaginations are piqued. Moreover, an amalgamation of traditional teaching and unconventional methods ensures that students grasp every concept with ease. Interactive animation techniques in education capture the attention of the students. Thus, the usage of audio, graphics, and videos makes the entire process of learning much more fun and practical for students enrolled in A B.Sc. Animation program.
- B.Sc. in Animation attracts widespread appeal because the virtual realm has seeped into every part of our lives. Animation is an invaluable part of many sectors such as the IT, entertainment industry, disaster management, and so forth. The revolutionary domain of Animation has altered the face of multimedia and movies. Thus, it is only fair to witness an unprecedented increase in the importance of Animation degrees, which will only escalate in the future.
- Government-funded scholarships are another reason why opting for B.Sc. Animation is such a good idea. These scholarships are a lucrative route as they cover the entire expense of studying the program. A student with a degree in Animation can work as an animator, video editor, 3D Modeler, visual effect supervisor, sound editor, character animator, layout maker, and the like.
- A degree in Animation encompasses a high level of practical knowledge. The program enables students to skillfully build their interest in learning more through laboratory-like imitations of real life. Animation is a field that allows a person to assess their creativity, problem-solving skills, and experimental zeal and further hone them. The grass-roots approach associated with a B.Sc. in Animation and VFX inculcates knowledge by doing, viewing, and coaching.
Significance of Alternate Career Paths
Turning away from the conventional paths of MBBS and engineering, opting for a specialized degree in B.Sc. is a warehouse of opportunities that many people chose to ignore. A degree in B.Sc. offers phenomenal career options in the field of Research and Development (R&D). We all know that strengthening the R&D sector of India is one of the priorities of the incumbent government. Moreover, the lucrative scholarships associated with Science-related Bachelor’s programs are like a cherry on the cake. Students who pursue are not limited to one particular niche and have a hoard of streams to explore. They can also venture out to work in Humanities or Management related disciplines and can go for civil services or an MBA in the future. Ph.D. and teaching opportunities are also rampant within B.Sc. degrees. It is of paramount significance to sensitize India’s young minds to alternative career paths. They should be motivated and encouraged to understand themselves, gauge an area of interest, and pursue relevant education. In case you are on the lookout for the best colleges in Noida for B.Sc. programs, make sure to choose a government-accredited institution that has widespread appeal.