So, you have properly set up and installed your Netgear WiFi range extender! Now, you would be looking to connect all your WiFi-compatible devices to the extended network, i.e. Netgear_ext. And that’s where, most users get stuck! They fail to connect to the Netgear_ext SSID. In case you are also one of them, this is the post that can help you out.
In this tutorial, you will learn various troubleshooting ways to help you connect your devices to the Netgear extender’s network in a hassle-free manner. Read on.
Solved: Unable to Connect to Netgear_Ext SSID
- Place Your Netgear Extender Properly
The placement plays the main role in getting connected with your Netgear extender properly. In the event that you have placed your Netgear WiFi range extender near interference-creating objects, then you won’t be able to connect its network. Here, interference-creating objects are metal doors, aluminum studs, cordless phones, baby monitors, microwaves, refrigerators, Bluetooth speakers, and a lot more.
Therefore, you need to keep your Netgear extender at a far distance away from such devices. Furthermore, reflexive surfaces like mirrors and glasses and water resources such as fish tanks may also create interference in the path of your extender’s WiFi signals, making you unable to connect to Netgear_ext SSID. So, keep your extender away from such things as well.
Also, remember to place your Netgear WiFi range extender in the same room where your router is already placed. Doing so will help your extender receive WiFi signals from the router without any issues.
- Check Wired Connections
The next step to be able to connect your devices to Netgear_ext SSID is to check cable connections of your extender. Make sure that the cable is properly connected from your Netgear range extender to the router. No cable connection should be loose.
What’s more, check if the Ethernet cable you are using is damaged or having cuts. If yes, use a new one instead of it.
- Perform Firmware Update on Your Extender
An obsolete firmware version is another reason why you can’t connect to Netgear_ext SSID. Therefore, make sure that your Netgear extender is running on its latest firmware version. Follow the instructions below to update your Netgear WiFi range extender’s firmware:
- Connect the power adapter of your Netgear extender to a wall socket and turn it on.
- Grab an Ethernet cable and use it to connect your extender to the home WiFi router.
- Turn on your computer or laptop and load up a web browser on it.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar and hit the Enter key.
- Once you reach www mywifiext login page, enter the user ID and password into the given fields.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Your extender’s dashboard will come into view.
- Go to the Firmware Update section.
- In case there is any new firmware version available, download and install that immediately.
Now, try connecting your WiFi-compatible devices to the Netgear-ext SSID.
- Set up Your Netgear Extender Properly
Improperly set up Netgear extender may also make you unable to connect to its network. So, be certain that you complete the process of new extender setup properly. For your reference, here are the steps to set up your Netgear extender:
- Be sure that your Netgear WiFi range extender is properly connected to your home router using an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on your extender and the router.
- Head over to mywifiext.net web admin panel.
- Hit the New Extender Setup button.
- Select the WiFi network you are looking to extend via the Netgear extender.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Set up security settings for the extended network.
- Finally, hit the Finish button to complete the setup process.
Once done, try connecting your devices to the extended network, i.e. Netgear_ext and see if the issue is now resolved.