Are you getting bugged off because your Netgear Orbi is continuously showing purple LED light? If the answer is yes, then know this little issue isn’t worth stressing over. You aren’t the only one who’s getting worked up. Users all across the world come face to face with the Orbi purple light issue every now and then.
However, you can fix this issue with a few quick troubleshooting tips. And this article covers all the troubleshooting tips that you need in order to get rid of the Netgear Orbi purple light issue.
But first, let us make you familiar with the reasons that show the purple or magenta LED light on your Netgear Orbi.
What are the Possible Reasons Leading to the Orbi Purple Light Issue?
- One of the topmost reasons why your Netgear Orbi is showing purple light is because of an internet connection issue.
- Another major reason is that your Orbi router fails to get synced with the Orbi satellite.
- The Ethernet cable that you’ve used to connect the existing modem and Netgear Orbi router is damaged or worn out.
- The firmware of your Netgear Orbi is either crashed or not up-to-date.
- Harmful viruses have entered your Orbi WiFi system, resulting in the blinking of the purple or magenta LED light.
- Your Netgear Orbi router has some serious defect. Perhaps you would like to get it changed or replaced by the retailer or manufacturer that you brought your Orbi router from.
How to Troubleshoot Netgear Orbi Purple Light Issue?
Now that you are aware of the reasons causing the Netgear Orbi purple or magenta LED light issue, it’s time that you learn about how to troubleshoot it.
Reboot the Netgear Orbi
- Rebooting your Netgear Orbi router is the first thing that you should do to stop the purple light from blinking continuously.
- Turn off the electricity supply of your Orbi router and wait for approximately 30 to 35 seconds.
- Then, power on the Orbi WiFi router and wait for the LED light to become solid.
Perform an Orbi Router Firmware Update
- Start by accessing the routerlogin administrative page by typing orbilogin com in the address bar of your web browser.
- Check for the firmware update option. If a firmware update is available, click on it.
- Now, follow the instructions to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi WiFi router.
Check All the Connected Devices
- Make sure that your computer, mobile, or tablet is properly connected to the network of your Netgear Orbi router.
Reset Your Netgear Orbi WiFi Router
Note: Resetting your Netgear Orbi router will restore it to its factory default settings.
- To reset Orbi router, locate the Reset button right at the bottom.
- Then, take a paper clip or oil pin to press the Reset button on the Orbi.
- Once you’ve released the button, wait for the Netgear Orbi to go back to its default settings.
Incomplete Netgear Orbi Router Setup
- Usually, most users see the purple LED light on their Netgear Orbi because of an incomplete setup process. To avoid that from happening, make sure that you set up your Netgear Orbi correctly.
- Ensure that all the cables are finger-tight and in working condition.
- In case of any doubts regarding the default login credentials, refer to the Netgear manual.
So, that was all about how to troubleshoot the Netgear Orbi purple LED light issue. We hope that through this article you’ve understood how to get rid of this issue. But, still, if you have any queries, don’t think twice before shooting a quick question in the comments section below.