The use of advanced technology in the business is helping to make the overall working much easier and reliable. It is seen that nowadays biometric system is gaining a lot of weight in many areas as it can be used from laptops to the mobile phones. Over a while, it is seen that many companies have shifted their attendance paper system to advanced biometric systems. The main reason behind the popularity of this system is that it eliminating the use of paper, time, and efforts of the person that are responsible for marking the attendance of each employee coming into the workplace.
At the entrance of every company workplace, the biometric punching machine is being installed that is providing great benefits to the overall functioning of the company. Some benefits are stated as follows.
- Eliminates buddy time punching: In the biometric punching machine, the employee working there, his fingerprints are enrolled in the system. So there are no such chances that the friend of the employee can mar his attendance if the employee is late or not coming for work. This shows that there is no chance of duplicity and therefore eliminates time theft.
- No repetitive consumable costs: there were many changes made to revolutionize the attendance system. Even the card system came into being but it was not that successful as the loss of the cards were many. So it was a cost for the company to keep on generating new cards for the employees. But in the case of the biometric system, there is no such issue and the attendance is marked with the help of the fingerprint, vein mapping, or collagen, there is no chance of extra costs.
- Trustworthy data: The data gathered by the machines will be very honest and reliable. There are no chances of error or any sort of miscommunication as the data is actual. The use of this system will enable the person to get quick reports so that the alternatives can be seen if there is any problem going on in the system.
- Accurate payroll: Many of the companies have adopted the policy of paying the salary according to the attendance marked by the employees. Everything is considered as the time of entering the workplace, time of leaving the workplace, and for how many days the employee for work. According to all these records the accurate payrolls are calculated. This how the company can optimize its expenses.
- Increased productivity: It is seen that elimination of the manual working from the system brings a greater source of productivity of the person. As the records are maintained with great approximately and no employee wants to decrease their payroll at any cost. Great the productivity of the person greater will be the effectiveness of the business operations.
So in nutshell, it can be concluded that a biometric attendance system is appropriate regarding the work rules and eliminates the loopholes in the overall working of the company. It is high time to invest in such a system and get great returns on them.