To be successful in the CAT exam, a candidate must prepare well. By referring to CAT’s previous years’ papers, candidates may maintain a careful watch on the kind of questions given in the test. Solving past CAT question papers assists candidates in determining the areas on which they should focus more attention, as well as in improving time management. The previous years’ CAT question papers will give you a better understanding of the test format and difficulty level. But what about the most important question: where to find previous years’ CAT question papers?
How to Use Previous Year CAT Papers Effectively?
To utilize these papers successfully, you must first understand the fundamental ideas of each section. After you’ve gone over the fundamentals, you should take a reputable institute’s sectional tests. While completing the sectional exams, you must ensure that you cover questions of varying difficulty levels. The questions on the previous years’ CAT exams would be of different difficulty levels. Your understanding of topics and ability to solve problems of varying complexity will allow you to answer questions from old CAT papers confidently.
How Can You Get CAT Previous Years’ Papers?
It is recommended that you solve as many CAT question papers as possible. The steps for downloading the CAT question papers are given below:
- You may choose a previous year’s CAT question paper from the repository available on the internet.
- For example, you wish to download the CAT 2020 question paper, there are many websites where you can find it.
- You will be taken to the question paper.
- After that, you may download the question paper by clicking on the download option given on that website.
- You may also find that CAT question papers are often segregated, like CAT Quant Question Paper, CAT VARC Question Paper, or CAT DILR Question Paper. These are sections of the CAT question papers separately given so that students can work on the areas in which they need improvement.
- Some websites also provide an answer key along with the question paper. You can choose to download it together or first solve it on your own and then verify your answers with it to gain confidence.
- You may also print a copy of the question paper.
- There are hundreds of books available online, which you can buy either in hard copy or softcopy. These books put together a collection of the previous years’ question papers combined for students to find them with ease.
Some Preparation Advice
CAT experts urge applicants to put their words into action. Regularly practicing what you know will assist you in gaining access to what else is needed throughout CAT preparation. Each subject should be studied and practiced on a weekly basis to keep them fresh in your memory.
Before devising a plan on how to prepare for CAT 2021, applicants should first review the test pattern for CAT 2021. Counting the number of sections, subjects, and sub-topics asked in previous years’ exams. Before taking any type of exam, go through these points and attempt to find out what your main weaknesses are, which topics need to be improved, and so on. You should do this analysis not only before your CAT preparation but also during and after your CAT preparation.
Candidates should aim to complete the full CAT curriculum and solve CAT question papers before August. It is advised not to wait until the end. Candidates should attempt to complete the whole core CAT curriculum in June, July, and August. Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability, and Quantitative Aptitude are the four main parts of the CAT curriculum. Following that, applicants may begin concentrating on speed and accuracy and then go to full-length mock exams.
Take CAT Mock Test online for free at https://www.shiksha.com/mba/cat-exam-mocktest