Many users face issues While accessing the Netgear Orbi login page. If you are also one of them and due to this you continuously see the Netgear Orbi firmware update failed error. Tried everything but can’t find why you are getting stuck with it. Well, we have got you covered! This post will let you know how to get rid of the Netgear Orbi firmware update issues. Let’s get the ball rolling.
Reason Behind Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Failing
There are a lot of issues causing the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure. A few of them are highlighted below:
- Spotty internet connection.
- Network security issues.
- The Netgear Orbi not working.
- You are not connected to the SSID of your Netgear Orbi.
- You have downloaded a corrupted firmware file.
- Loose cable connections.
- Usage of damaged wires.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Failed
Below-given are easy and quick fixes to get rid of the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure error:
- Check the WiFi connection on your computer or laptop. It should be speedy enough so that you can perform the Netgear Orbi firmware update without any trouble.
- Make sure that your Netgear Orbi is powered on and receiving a fluctuation-free power supply from the wall socket.
- Update your Netgear Orbi’s firmware via the orbilogin.net web interface only.
- The Orbi should be kept nearby your WiFi router.
- Bear in mind to place your Netgear Orbi away from interference-creating objects such as microwaves, refrigerators, Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, baby monitors, and much more.
- Check whether your home router is running on its latest firmware version. If not, update it too.
- Ensure to download the firmware file for your Netgear Orbi from a reliable source only.
- Confirm if you are downloading the correct firmware version as per the model number of your Netgear Orbi.
- Don’t forget to check if there is a malfunction or damage in the hardware of your Netgear Orbi.
- Try to keep your Netgear Orbi and modem in the same room to avoid any sort of connectivity and range issues. Also, keep the Orbi satellite within the range of the router. It will help you prevent Orbi satellite not connecting
- Another way to get rid of firmware update failure issues is to check cable connections associated with your Netgear Orbi. Check all cables in question. There should not be any damage or cuts in the cable you are using. Plus, beware of loose cable connections. Make strong or firm wired connections.
So, that’s how you can fix Netgear Orbi firmware update issues. However, if you are still facing the same issue, chances are that you are not following the correct procedure to update your Orbi’s firmware. But there is no need to worry. Here, we have also mentioned the complete and correct steps to update the firmware on your Netgear Orbi. Read on.
How to Update Netgear Orbi’s Firmware?
- Visit the download center of your Netgear Orbi.
- In the search bar, type the model number of your Orbi.
- Once you hit the Search icon, the available firmware versions will appear.
- Select the latest firmware version and click on the Download button.
- Save the file onto your desktop for easy access.
- After that, open a new tab in your browser.
- Head over to orbilogin.net web address to access the Orbi login page.
- Enter the admin user ID and passphrase into the given fields.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Once logged in, click on the Firmware Update section.
- Hit Browse and choose the downloaded firmware file.
- Now, click on the Upload button.
- Start the Netgear Orbi firmware update process by hitting on the Update button.
- Wait until your Orbi updates its firmware.
That’s it! we conclude our guide on how to resolve the Netgear Orbi firmware update issue. This way, you can easily update the firmware on your Netgear Orbi in a trouble-free way. Thank you for reading the post.