The orbi blue light on the orbi is not usual. If you are facing this problem, it means your satellite connection is not good.
However, the orbi blue light on the Orbi router goes off after some time. If it stays on, then it indicates a connection problem. It is advised to solve this problem as soon as possible to enjoy an uninterrupted internet connection.
If you are finding a solution to the blue light problem, then this blog is the best option to stick on. E will provide you with an easy and brilliant solution to your troubles.
What Does Orbi Satellite Blue Light Mean?
We sometimes struggle to do our work because we don’t understand the color language of electronic devices. The main reason we can’t identify the problem is that we don’t notice any color indication on our router.
The orbiblue color is an indication of the networking issue. Your device will show that you are connected to the internet, but in reality, it is not working.
You have also noticed the blue light on the Orbi satellite, but it is available for a few seconds and then disappears. It indicates that your connection is working fine. It shows the connection between the router and the satellite.
But when you see the blue light on for more than 3 minutes, that means there is something wrong with your network.
However, there is no need to worry as you are on the right blog that gives simple and easy solutions to its readers.
Try These Solutions: If the Orbi Satellite Blue Light Stays On:
Here are some amazing hacks and tips that will help you get back on track. Just remember that patience is the key to success. You need to be patent while using these tips.
Restart the problematic satellite
Restart your satellite, as sometimes your satellite router may not be able to connect properly. Just turn off the satellites and then leave it for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, restart it. The orbi blue light will appear, but it will soon disappear after 3 minutes.
This is the most effective and easiest solution that you can use to keep your Orbi connection on track.
Restart Your Orbi Network
However, the problem is frequently solved in the first step. If the problem still arises, you can use this method.
If the orbi blue light is still on the satellite router after 3 minutes, then restart your Orbi login network. This simply means you have to power down your orbi router, all the satellites, and the modem.
Follow these steps:
- Switch off your modem and also disconnect it from the power source.
- Also, turn off your Orbi router and disconnect it from the power source.
- Do the same with the satellites.
- Now connect the modem to the power and turn it on.
- Wait for a few minutes. The modem is booting up and stabilizing.
- Now connect the Orbi router and satellites to the power source and turn them on.
- Wait for a few minutes till they boot up and connect.
After the completion of booting The blue light on the satellite router will appear for 3 seconds and then disappear.
Sync The Router And The Satellite Again.
However, the chances of using this step are very low as the second step almost solves your problem. The third method is the synchronization of the satellite and router.
Follow these steps:
- Ensure that your satellite is connected to your power source and that power is on.
- The light of the satellite should turn white or magenta.
- You will find the SYNC button on your router. Press it on the satellite in the next 120 seconds.
- Now, wait for the synchronization. However, during the process, the white light will blink and then turn solid blue, which indicates a good connection. The blue light will be on for 3 minutes and then disappear.
Examine the Cables
A damaged or loose cable also hampers good connectivity. It can make your whole network unstable, which might result in the blue light remaining on.
If the cable or connector is loose, plug it in tightly for good connectivity. If you are using a damaged cable, then the same issue arises.
Make sure that the cable you are using is perfectly fine and tightly fitted.
Examine the Firmware (and, if necessary, update it)
There are a lot of cases when the issue of blue light is solved by upgrading the firmware version to the latest version.
However, the upgrade is only possible through the admin dashboard.
1.Login to your Orbin router on your web browser.
- Now select Advanced from the menu. Then admin, firmware update, and online update.
- Click on the Check button and then you will see a new firmware version available.
- If there is a new version, click on the Update All button, and the firmware upgrade will begin.
- If there is an updated version available, Kidly updates it to the latest version.
- When the process of up-gradation finishes, restart the router and the satellites.
Keep in mind not to interrupt the firmware upgrade process.
The above methods will help you solve your problems. Follow these methods carefully. However, if the issues still arise, you can consult the customer service of Netgear Tech. They will help you within 24 hours.